Guide for Adult renewal application (PC7)
You are 18 years or over and have a passport that:
- was issued when you were aged 16 or older
- was issued on or after 1 January 2006
- when it was issued, had at least two years’ validity
- has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender, and
- has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
If you can answer yes to all to the above, please follow the guide below.
If you no to any of these questions please see see Overseas Passport Applications to apply
1. Complete your renewal application form online
- The application must be lodged within six months of completion.
2. Print and sign your application form
- Print your application on plain white A4 paper. Make sure your form has printed in full and isn't cut off at the top or bottom of the page.
- Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date.
- Two recent identical colour photos, less than six months old, with your full name written on the back of one photo. Refer to the photo guidelines for more information.
- Please do NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them.
4. Lodge you application
Option 1: Mail your application to us
- Complete payment authorisation form & Adult renewal checklist
- Mail your completed application form, passport photos and payment authorisation form to:
Australian High Commission, Passports Office
25 Napier Road
Option 2: Lodge in person by appointment
5. We'll tell you when your passport is ready
- We will email you when your passport has arrived at the High Commission for you to collect, or when we have posted it to your Singapore home address. We are unable to post passports outside of Singapore. Please allow a minimum of 15 business days from payment for your application to be completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I travel on my current passport while I wait for my new passport to arrive?
Yes, your current passport will remain valid until you are issued with your replacement.
Do I send my current passport with the renewal application?
Do I need to send a copy of my passport with my application?
How will I know if the High Commission has received my application?
Unless you are contacted directly about your passport application, an acknowledgement of payment in your bank records is confirmation your application has been received and processed.
How long will it take?
Passports are currently taking around six weeks from receipt of a fully completed application and payment to arrive at the High Commission. Incomplete applications will cause delays.
What if I need to travel urgently, but already mailed in my renewal application?
Please contact the High Commission on +65 6836 4100 or email [email protected] to discuss.
Will the High Commission post my new passport to me?
On your payment authorisation form can choose to have us mail your new passport OR collect from the Australian High Commission (25 Napier Road, Singapore, 258507). We are unable to mail passports to addresses outside of Singapore.
My passport has expired. Can I still renew it by mail?
If you meet all of the eligibility criteria for a PC7 renewal form, then yes, you can renew your passport by mail - even if it has expired.